Thursday, November 04, 2010

Drawing from My Recent Past #1

I drew this after reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince while at our family reunion in July of 2005.  I imagined Harry as a teenager about to enter his 18th year, and he is tired of being everyone's whipping boy.  
I'm always a little too pleased with myself when I actually put in a background of some sort.  I prefer to just draw the character standing there looking grim and doing nothing without any setting or context whatsoever.  Having never seen the "dark mark" in the movies at this point, I used my eraser to quickly and simply draw something like what was described in the book.  My Hogwarts is pretty simple too.  Like I said, I don't draw backgrounds very often and have no experience whatsoever drawing architecture or ornamentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment