Thursday, November 11, 2010

Drawing from My Distant Past #7

I don't think I ever gave this guy a name.  I had a vague idea to draw darker, more violent characters after the creators at Image Comics gave us characters like Spawn, Deathblow, and The Maxx.  This character is not very original in appearance, but I found it easy to draw faces in deep shadow.  I therefore decided that this character's face would always be in deep shadow.
Deep shadow also means you don't have to draw feet apparently, and even a couple years later (I think I drew this guy in 1993) I still refused to draw fingers.  I should have just cast the hands into deep shadow too, but probably figured, "I'll just draw the outline and get to the fingers and shadows... NEVER! Check out the awesomely huge signature!

No comments:

Post a Comment