- one (1) socially awkward individual who is simultaneously one of the best in her/his field, which incidentally or tangentially pertains to law enforcement, medicine, or both.
- one (1) more or less well-adjusted individual whose methods, personality and (most important) gender are the exact opposite but oddly compatible to those of the individual described above.
- an assortment of other individuals who buzz around this central relationship while providing humor, seriousness, exposition, and sexual gratuitousness whenever the situation requires.
- some sort of crime, mystery, illness or other puzzle to be solved in a unique and surprising manner.
- plenty of sexual tension (as a garnish)
Follow with cliffhanger, plot twist (avoid resolution), sentimentality or quirky one-liner.
Pairs well with any alcoholic beverage.
The above describes at least five hour-long dramas on network television right now (three of which I watch - I'm a sucker, I know). Can you name them (or others)?