- The dang birds woke up at four just like me. Nothing more irritating than the happy singing of those blasted early birds and all their worm-getting.
- My brain got all metaphysical on me while I was lying there. Nothing like thinking about the meaning of life, symbolic expression as the proper mode of communication for an enfleshed spirit, and the meaning of"reality" to keep one up at night.
- It seems as though it is the time of year when, no matter what I do, the temperature of my bed is no good. It is either too hot (gah! Get this blanket offa me!) or too cold (Where's that effing blanket?) The same goes for my pillow.
- I just can't stop laughing at that episode of "The Family Guy" that was on Cartoon Network last night! Absolutely hilarious stuff! Dang! That is an awesome show!
- I ate about half a can of Easy-Cheese on those awesome Club crackers as a snack, and forgot to eat a real dinner. I don't know what that has to do with insomnia, but it can't be a good thing, can it?
Friday, July 08, 2005
This almost never happens
I can't sleep. I woke up for no apparent reason at about four this morning and couldn't fall back to sleep. I heard on Oprah once that if you get insomnia, the worst thing you can do is just lie there and try to fall asleep. Get up! Do something productive! That's what Oprah says. So I sit here typing away (simultaneously realizing that this is not the most productive use of my waking hours) and wondering why I couldn't fall back to sleep. Here are my theories: