Monday, July 04, 2005

You can set your clock by it!

Ha! It’s Independence Day and AMC has an Elvis movie marathon going! While others are having cookouts and going shopping (?), I am watching Elvis as a singing race-car driver, Elvis as a singing, um… singer, and Elvis as a singing photographer.

Hmmm… I think I feel a song coming on! Yup. Every 15 minutes. It’s how I know my watch is keeping good time! Parties break out at random and are always full of important plot points! Elvis is always the consummate bachelor! Two, three, even four women at a time are trying to marry him. He manages to elude them all! Either that or he ends up marrying the one who wasn’t trying to lure him in the first place. It is interesting that he never turns down a kiss. In this one, he hooks up with his girl in the first 3 minutes of the movie, and he’s not happy about it! These movies are so well scripted that you never see the twists and turns coming! And I’ve never seen hair as perfectly sculpted in all my life! Never a lock out of place! Elvis is the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment