Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The Protagonist

Here he is, the star of the children's book I began working on this week: Roscoe!  He went to doggy heaven a year ago this week, and working on this story now seems appropriate.  I got all emotional just working out the story this afternoon.  I'm going to tell his story.  I have plenty of memories to mine for material.

Of course, I wouldn't dream of writing a children's book without illustrating it myself.  I'm spending my time working on story and teaching myself how to draw bulldogs in various degrees of anthropomorphism until I find one that I like best.  It's tons of fun!

I'd like to thank all my friends who sent me photos of Roscoe to work with.  Mom, Nancy, and Danni so far.  And a special cyber shout-out to my sister-in-law who posted a short animal-drawing tutorial over at the site which hosts her online comic.  You should check it out (especially if you are a fan of Final Fantasy 7 and enjoy fanfic).  Here's the link for the tutorial, and here's the link for her comic!

No comments:

Post a Comment